The Dakar Women’s Group Art Show raises funds for charitable projects with support from over 60 artists and sponsors.
The 16th Dakar Women’s Group (DWG) Art Show will take place from March 23rd – 26th March 2018 at the Place du Souvenir Africain.
Since its beginning in the living room of a DWG member, the Art Show has evolved to represent more than 60 artists—sculpters, painters and photographers—working in a variety of media.
“We are very proud to present several of Senegal’s best known artists and new emerging talents, all united under the same roof for four days,” says Fatima Jobe, president of DWG. “We hope that our exhibition will promote these talented artists and encourage the sale of their remarkable work.”
Senegal is rich in poets, writers and designers. Today’s flourishing and varied arts scene embodies the vision of the country’s first president, Léopold Sédar Senghor, who said that “Economic and social development policy must have culture not only as its base, but as its ultimate goal.”
The artists participating in this year’s DWG Art Show represent a broad scope of experience, training, techniques and philosophies. They donate 20 per cent of the proceeds from the sale of their works to the DWG and the charities they support.
Feedback from the Art Show 2016 Visitors book:
– Magnifique exposition. Nouveaux artistes de talent, nouveau lieu. BRAVO a toutes !
– Bonne continuation car votre vocation de réunir le monde est réelle
– Thank you for the lovely show
– Très intéressant de voir de l’art au Sénégal avec autant d’artistes
– Merci. Excellents artistes. Très bien organisé et bravo pour votre œuvre caritative
– Excellent exhibition. Thank you very much to the artists and organizers